Monday, July 5, 2010

Sophia's Journal

I can’t keep quiet any longer. Linda has been struggling to find something to say about our friendship for years. Although I know it’s not easy I think it’s about time. She’s not getting any younger.

It’s not easy to write about our communications because the are not spoken out loud or written down. They don’t follow a linear cause and effect, pattern. The first clue that we are in-touch across worlds is an overwhelming sense of meaningfulness. Our words are feelings and sensations: a ringing in the ears, the chirp of a bird, violent storms and gentle breezes. Our interactions are not a one-way thing, I’m not some off-planet entity, I Am the planet, the earth is my body. My wisdom is in my body, everywhere around and about you. All it takes is a collective shift in perspective.

Linda is not purporting to “channel” me, she is very clear about this. I think that’s one reason she’s kept quiet so long. So let’s be clear I have my own voice and she hers. The Story of Sophia that Linda posted below (December 31 2009) doesn’t really have much to do with who I really am.

The Revealers of my story are called Gnostics. Although it is about me, Sophia, it mostly describes the actual experience of groups of women and men. A momentary shift in perspective which gave them a vision of their origins and potential as a species. The story describes the first realization of a species consciousness.

An experience of great significance. Awesome. In their attempts to describe and teach, the Knowers told stories, danced, sang, made love, and eventually created a picture with words of my break with the father god and my alignment with the Earth. I chose to leave the off-planet control center and alignment self with you all. I make mistakes. And according to the Gnostic Story, humanity has deviated from its course. We are in this together.

Linda’s Journal

I’ve known Sophia since I was a child. I didn’t have a name for her then. Our relationship started out with a sense that the universe was a safe place and that I was being watched over by a loving being and I loved her back. As my intellect developed I began to call her Sophia and declared myself her lover, philo-sophia. She is an illusive lover, a shift-shaping seductress.

In my search for her I read about Goddesses and Archetypes. I studied the work of Marija Gimbutas with a sense of awe. Getting closer. But I wanted a story, the story of Sophia. I studied esoteric christianity. I was looking for words that resonated with my own experiences. I read a lot of books about Sophia. But my very favorite is Not In His Image by John Lash.

Mostly I find Sophia now in my garden. It’s that time of year. And soon I’ll catch glimpses of her at the Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival.


sscallahan said...

Wow. Very well said!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.